Diet can help reduce Endometriosis symptoms including pain, hormone balance, cramps, inflammation and bloating.
The Endo Diet
The Endo diet is basically trying to avoid foods that trigger Endometriosis flare ups. Things to avoid include:
- Wheat- gluten sensitivity
- Red meat- promotes negative prostaglandins which cause inflammation and growth hormone
- Refined and concentrated carbohydrates- nutritional value has been removed
- Refined sugar- increases inflammation
- Caffeine- increases estrogen levels
- Dairy- causes inflammation and increase in inflammatory prostaglandins
- Eggs- can contain dioxin
- Saturated fats and oils- stimulates negative prostaglandins
- Fried foods- stimulates negative prostaglandins
- Soy products- high in isoflavones, a natural type of plant estrogen that can increase estrogen levels in humans
- Convince foods- very little nutritional value
- Additives and preservatives- increase chemicals in your system
- Alcohol- consumes the vitamin B from your liver
The paleo diet is the consumption of foods presumed to have been the only foods either available or consumed by humans during the Paleolithic era. This diet is said to have been:
- 55% of daily calories from seafood and lean meat, evenly divided
- 15% of daily calories from each of fruits, vegetables, and nuts and seeds
- no dairy, almost no grains (which Cordain described as "starvation food" for Paleolithic people), no added salt, no added sugar)
Being a vegan is refraining from consuming animal products including things like eggs and dairy.
Researchers have identified certain foods that can help control inflammation or cause inflammation.
© 2012-2018 Endometriosis and me